Unable to get simple facts understood by the manager at Blockbuster, I chose to use the alternate route:
ME: What number should I call to talk to your boss?
HALFWIT: I already gave it to you. (true enough, but irrelevant. -ed.)
ME: What is the number?
HW: 568 2100.
ME: Who will I be speaking to?
ME: Christie who?
HW: I can't give you that information. We don't give it out.
ME: What is her last name?
HW: I know it, I'm just not going to tell you.
ME: And what office does she answer to?
ME: Who is your boss's boss?
HW: 748 0800
ME: And who is that?
HW: That's the number for the Regional Office. Andrew.
ME: So if I ask for Andrew, they will know who I need to talk to?
HW: It's an automated system.
ME: What's his last name?
HW and ME: I can't tell you that.
ME: So, I'm going to call Christie, no last name and Andrew, no last name.
HW: Thank you for the sarcasm.
I dialed the first number. A machine answers:
MACHINE: You have reached Christie Santana ...
I dialed the second number:
MACHINE: Hello, this is the voice message system for Andrew Steeles ...
It's one thing to be an evasive weasel, but it's altogether pathetic to be an evasive weasel about things that don't matter. It's easy to see why I don't trust the manager.
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2009 (232)
- ► 2008 (475)
- ► 2007 (156)
- ► 2006 (225)
- ► 2005 (108)
- ► 2004 (78)
- ► 2003 (165)
- Earthlink sucks.
- I probably need therapy
- I clearly need to view the help file to get this t...
- Today's Joy of Tech is blog humor. Funny because i...
- From geekculture.com, some wet weather.
- This is the anniversary of this blog! Huzzah!
- Here's a fun, new game: try to tell if the custome...
- Impulse Purchase!
- And ... ?
- The Toa Maiden project continues apace. No new pic...
- Something Else I Covet:
- It is, reportedly, a bird. Emu?
- Desperate Measures Already Forgotten
- Neither Love Or Money Satisfactory
- My Birthday is Coming Up In ... Several Months ...
- Victorian Child's Picture Book
- FW: Mariners vs the Cardinals
- An improved rendering of the Exo puzzle:
- CDs Purchased
- A Puzzle
- Spines Printed
- Ginny Brings Back Spoils from the Hunt!
- Goozle Animations
- Timmy Fell Down a Well.
- "I can see where the booze goes!" - Uncle Gabby
- Obligatory Recursive Link
- So the deal with posting by mail is that sometimes...
- Goozle Is Here
- CDs Arrive
- End of Blockbuster. The Fiasco.
- EXTRA: Blockbuster Manager Is Not Entirely Credible!
- Feature I didn't know I needed
- One door closes and another shoe falls
- Webcam is in a state again
- Blockbuster Video makes me think of dirty dirty dooky
- Posting by email apparently has bugs.
- I have ponied up a few dollars to Blogger to activ...
- The first post mentioned The Chair. I think I was ...
- Whither the Fly II?
- Reordered The Game (out of stock!)
- CD Arrives
- CD Purchased
- ▼ June (43)
- ► 2001 (233)