Thursday, November 29, 2001
Wednesday, November 28, 2001
Tuesday, November 27, 2001
The Monster Inc toys are spiffy optical illusions. When viewed from the front, they are nondescript but when lit from behind they take on a convincing 3D effect.
The Star Trek edition of Weakest Link was pretty amusing. Wil Wheaton was so not cool. And the most fatiguing part: during his exit interview, he claimed to have been putting on an act as an annoying young actor but hoped he didn't come off as too big a jerk! Argh! And his charity? The EFF! Jesus! Everybody else was playing on behalf of blind orphans and pediatric this and social that. Apparently they generated the highest score ever. In spite of William Shatner's horsing around. Actually, the most painful aspect was that LeVar Burton beat Robert Picardo.
Saturday, November 24, 2001
Saturday, November 17, 2001
Leave a message in the guestbook. --->
Wednesday, November 14, 2001
"Can you elaborate (on the image below -ed)?"
Why, yes I can:
William Stromberg is a conductor of film scores and he has conducted (for label Marco Polo) an amazing string of recordings of film scores that are otherwise unavailable. Unavailable usually means the original masters are lost or unusable.
Lots of those had to be performed from reconstructed (by listening to the movie and interpreting - a rare skill), from incomplete or un-annotated short score, or sometimes from scraps of parts scores.
They record using eastern European (ie cheap but skilled) orchestras, mostly the Moscow Symphony Orchesrta.
This will get you to a search result of 'Stromberg' on the Naxos (parent of Marco Polo) site.
Bill also has composer, orchestrater and arranger credits on some new-ish movies.
Saturday, November 10, 2001
Bloggers watching bloggers blog
I think that this is the credit from Election.
Thursday, November 08, 2001
Wednesday, November 07, 2001
multiplied by n
(No cats were harmed in the production of this image. Professional cat on a closed course. Do not attempt. Side effects include, but are not limited to, furballs, lint, dustbunnies, nausea, baldness. Slight monsterism reported in less than 2% of users.)
Monday, November 05, 2001
- Someone's hat is split in two.
- Jack's hands descend from his sleeves.
- The screen is split into three panels.
- Someone besides Jack says 'Aku'
- Jack says 'mystical sword'
- Jack is hungry/thirsty/cold.
- Cartoony sound effect.
I When Aku is reborn to set forth his reign of terror, the Emperor’s son is sent off to learn the ways of the samurai. That boy becomes a man and attempts to slay Aku with a mighty sword, but Aku banishes him to the future.
II Jack arrives in the future and discovers the widespread evil of Aku and meets new allies.
III Jack gets weapons and beats back Aku’s army of beetles, saving the canine race of the future.
IV Jack encounters a race of cruel nerds.
V Jack defends a community of renegade scientists from Aku's minions.
VI A woman needs help to free her father from Aku.
VII Jack seeks a tower guarding a well that will grant any wish.
VIII Jack loses his temper when his sandal breaks. He also must fight his doppelganger.
IX Jack seeks a time machine in the lost city of Oceanus.
X Jack is lured to a mountain of traps.
XI Jack discovers that Aku has a bounty on others beside himself.
XII Gangsters. Water. Aku. Kitties.
Sunday, November 04, 2001
Friday, November 02, 2001
The camera that I am using is from LEGO. It's actually a Logitech product. The gizmo that makes it move is also LEGO. The design is included with the cam (but you'll need more parts.)
The controlling software is Webrick (there's a link under the cams screens.) I did very little tweaking to get it all going.
Having a reasonably stable DSL line has helped me.
Thursday, November 01, 2001
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2009 (232)
- ► 2008 (475)
- ► 2007 (156)
- ► 2006 (225)
- ► 2005 (108)
- ► 2004 (78)
- ► 2003 (165)
- ► 2002 (206)
- Like a thunderstroke: a way to adjust the focus ri...
- Future toys for the webcam: bird feeder cam, cable...
- Hey Manjit and Vince, I can't get that South Park ...
- To the loyal viewers (you know who you are): Thank...
- I've set up a server that will allow the house aut...
- The webcam software has been updated and is runnin...
- The webcam controller will be down for the duratio...
- VS writes: "Can you elaborate (on the image below ...
- Bloggers watching bloggers blog
- Look DOWN to see the compass. Unfortunately, it bl...
- modded cat
- Events to look out for in the Samurai Jack drinkin...
- Extra-concise episode guide to Samurai Jack: (epis...
- The webcam was probably down all day Saturday beca...
- Hello Netherlands
- Hell Canada!
- My DSL ISP sold their dial-up service to Earthlink...
- ▼ November (17)