"Can you elaborate (on the image below -ed)?"
Why, yes I can:
William Stromberg is a conductor of film scores and he has conducted (for label Marco Polo) an amazing string of recordings of film scores that are otherwise unavailable. Unavailable usually means the original masters are lost or unusable.
Lots of those had to be performed from reconstructed (by listening to the movie and interpreting - a rare skill), from incomplete or un-annotated short score, or sometimes from scraps of parts scores.
They record using eastern European (ie cheap but skilled) orchestras, mostly the Moscow Symphony Orchesrta.
This will get you to a search result of 'Stromberg' on the Naxos (parent of Marco Polo) site.
Bill also has composer, orchestrater and arranger credits on some new-ish movies.
Wednesday, November 14, 2001
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2009 (232)
- ► 2008 (475)
- ► 2007 (156)
- ► 2006 (225)
- ► 2005 (108)
- ► 2004 (78)
- ► 2003 (165)
- ► 2002 (206)
- Like a thunderstroke: a way to adjust the focus ri...
- Future toys for the webcam: bird feeder cam, cable...
- Hey Manjit and Vince, I can't get that South Park ...
- To the loyal viewers (you know who you are): Thank...
- I've set up a server that will allow the house aut...
- The webcam software has been updated and is runnin...
- The webcam controller will be down for the duratio...
- VS writes: "Can you elaborate (on the image below ...
- Bloggers watching bloggers blog
- Look DOWN to see the compass. Unfortunately, it bl...
- modded cat
- Events to look out for in the Samurai Jack drinkin...
- Extra-concise episode guide to Samurai Jack: (epis...
- The webcam was probably down all day Saturday beca...
- Hello Netherlands
- Hell Canada!
- My DSL ISP sold their dial-up service to Earthlink...
- ▼ November (17)
Post a Comment