I had fun at last night's game, mostly because of the nice company that I keep, but I'm afraid that the Cardinals were not looking their best and the actual play was uneventful. The Mariners offense was better than usual.
Greatest discovery: the seats above the midpint of the first base line are amazingly good. Second greatest discovery: the garlic fries are good food. It's hard to go wrong with garlic and potatoes, but these were exceptional.
I can't recommend the Kölsch from Pyramid brewery. Just not an interesting beer. All praise to their IPA, of course.
The new football stadium lacks the architectural detailing that would give it some character. The roofs (rooves?) over the seating are supported on dramaticaly bifurcated pylons, but the rest of it is blah. The two stadiums are very similar in overall appearance. That's my ruling.
Mt. Baker Expedition reported to me that contrary to the standing order, "summit at all costs," reason prevailed under the onslaught of strong winds, equipment difficulties and inexperience with knots. Commander Scott has been sacked and his dogs eaten. No negative impact on the Yeti expedition is expected.
And just to clarify, Dmitri Tiomkin never wrote a score for This Island Earth. Although he could have if he wanted to, I guess. But he didn't. Anyone who tells you that I told them that there ever was such a score is either mistaken or a liar. Shun him.
And the eclipse was not very noticeable. We were looking for it but didn't see a darn thing.
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2009 (232)
- ► 2008 (475)
- ► 2007 (156)
- ► 2006 (225)
- ► 2005 (108)
- ► 2004 (78)
- ► 2003 (165)
- Earthlink sucks.
- I probably need therapy
- I clearly need to view the help file to get this t...
- Today's Joy of Tech is blog humor. Funny because i...
- From geekculture.com, some wet weather.
- This is the anniversary of this blog! Huzzah!
- Here's a fun, new game: try to tell if the custome...
- Impulse Purchase!
- And ... ?
- The Toa Maiden project continues apace. No new pic...
- Something Else I Covet:
- It is, reportedly, a bird. Emu?
- Desperate Measures Already Forgotten
- Neither Love Or Money Satisfactory
- My Birthday is Coming Up In ... Several Months ......
- Victorian Child's Picture Book
- FW: Mariners vs the Cardinals
- An improved rendering of the Exo puzzle:
- CDs Purchased
- A Puzzle
- Spines Printed
- Ginny Brings Back Spoils from the Hunt!
- Goozle Animations
- Timmy Fell Down a Well.
- "I can see where the booze goes!" - Uncle Gabby
- Obligatory Recursive Link
- So the deal with posting by mail is that sometimes...
- Goozle Is Here
- CDs Arrive
- End of Blockbuster. The Fiasco.
- EXTRA: Blockbuster Manager Is Not Entirely Credibl...
- Feature I didn't know I needed
- One door closes and another shoe falls
- Webcam is in a state again
- Blockbuster Video makes me think of dirty dirty do...
- Posting by email apparently has bugs.
- I have ponied up a few dollars to Blogger to activ...
- The first post mentioned The Chair. I think I was ...
- Whither the Fly II?
- Reordered The Game (out of stock!)
- CD Arrives
- CD Purchased
- ▼ June (43)
- ► 2001 (233)