Wednesday, June 05, 2002

EXTRA: Blockbuster Manager Is Not Entirely Credible!

Unable to get simple facts understood by the manager at Blockbuster, I chose to use the alternate route:

ME: What number should I call to talk to your boss?
HALFWIT: I already gave it to you. (true enough, but irrelevant. -ed.)
ME: What is the number?
HW: 568 2100.
ME: Who will I be speaking to?
HW: Christie.
ME: Christie who?
HW: I can't give you that information. We don't give it out.
ME: What is her last name?
HW: I know it, I'm just not going to tell you.
ME: And what office does she answer to?
HW: What?
ME: Who is your boss's boss?
HW: 748 0800
ME: And who is that?
HW: That's the number for the Regional Office. Andrew.
ME: So if I ask for Andrew, they will know who I need to talk to?
HW: It's an automated system.
ME: What's his last name?
HW and ME: I can't tell you that.
ME: So, I'm going to call Christie, no last name and Andrew, no last name.
HW: Thank you for the sarcasm.
ME: Good-bye.

I dialed the first number. A machine answers:
MACHINE: You have reached Christie Santana ...

I dialed the second number:
MACHINE: Hello, this is the voice message system for Andrew Steeles ...

MORAL:
It's one thing to be an evasive weasel, but it's altogether pathetic to be an evasive weasel about things that don't matter. It's easy to see why I don't trust the manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple(b)logue archive

Powered By Blogger