This thick-ish four-color flyer was shoved underneath my windshield wiper. Mine, and under the windshield wiper of every other car in the parking lot. Notable for its heft, I assumed it was some competitor to the Little Nickel, but I was struck by the photo shoehorned into the lead on the front page. I was prepared to make some unkind comments comparing them to the mutants from Beneath the Planet of the Apes* (“Behold the Truth that abides in us; reveal that Truth unto that Maker: I reveal my inmost self unto my God.”) until I saw the caption. Regard the caption. Regard it, I say! Taking away nothing from the pitiable weirdness, the photo does not relate materially to the article that it is bound to.
On the plus side, Pastor Alamo (rhymes with Col. Bat Guano) doesn't like hypocrites in office.
* To learn more about the Mutant Mass from Beneath the Planet of the Apes, I suggest FilmScore Monthly's CD, Beneath the Planet of the Apes with expert commentary from science fiction film expert, maven and all-around great guy, Jeff Bond.
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2009 (232)
- ► 2008 (475)
- ► 2007 (156)
- ► 2006 (225)
- ► 2005 (108)
- ► 2004 (78)
- LEGO Purchase: a Little Bit of Everything
- Draw Your Own Conclusions
- Bohrok MOC
- Kitty No Not Lost After All Thank Heavens
- Birthday Present for Whitney
- New Car Has Arrived: the Obligatory Photos
- Whiteboard Blog Although It Is Actually a Brushed ...
- Lego Oddities
- Geo Died Today
- Appleogue© Model Completed
- Why Are There Crazy People With Guns?
- Appleogue© on Appleogue© on appleogue.net
- A Guest From the Ancient Past Beyond Ancient In th...
- Nui Rama's Eye View
- Expedition Discovers an Ancient Monument
- ▼ May (15)
- ► 2002 (206)
- ► 2001 (233)