Not so much a MOC as a re-arrangement of parts. The Rahkshi and the Vahki are clearly related somehow. I wanted to see what would happen if a Rahkshi tries to transform the same way a Vahki. It turns out that everything needs to be backwards. The Matoran torso is rotated around the x axis, the shoulders are rotated around the y axis, the arms and legs are swapped (but not the feet and hands!) Also, the legs are connected backwards and upside-down. The result is recorded here:
slideshow in a new window
I have attempted a morph of the two models with limited success (opens in new window):
Another go but still flawed. How to do alpha channel in animation file? (opens in new window):
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2009 (232)
- ► 2008 (475)
- ► 2007 (156)
- ► 2006 (225)
- ► 2005 (108)
- Photography for Liberty at the Ballard Locks
- Wretched Excess vs. Charming Solicitude
- Boycott the Aladdin!
- When a Rahkshi Plays at Being a Vahki
- Bionicle Explains the Department of Home Security
- Bush's Last Campaign! Hallelujah!
- Wee Bionicle Frog
- Bush administration slouches toward martial law
- New Bionicle movie teaser
- Missed the Blog Anniversary!
- ▼ July (11)
- ► 2003 (165)
- ► 2002 (206)
- ► 2001 (233)