An excerpt from the day of a friend of mine. Names, places changed to protect, extort the innocent, guilty.
I'm meeting Armando downtown for shopping, then I'm going to go to Sprachett's — 124 Elm St. — for happy hour and to review it, then at 6:30 I'm off to pick up Frank's wife, Marilyn, to go to Norwegietown and have a cocktail at Rochambeau's, a new restaurant I have to write up for Monday, before going to bookgroup at Clarise's. Oh, and I have to meet up with a woman named Betty Merry who I met last night at dinner...to treat myself for my last ever Murty's quiz, I went to Ponio's with a $20 gift card Frida gave me and managed to leave my bookgroup book behind —unfinished, of course — but luckily Betty, who was sitting opposite me in the bar and is also a writer who was there to use her $20 gift card, and I exchanged email addresses, so she retrieved it for me and now I'm hoping she'll email me back today and tell me where to meet up with her to reclaim it.
Wednesday, July 30, 2003
- ► 2011 (99)
- ► 2009 (232)
- ► 2008 (475)
- ► 2007 (156)
- ► 2006 (225)
- ► 2005 (108)
- ► 2004 (78)
- That's My Vehicle, Pontius!
- Webcam Is Down Today
- This is not my wonderful life — I don't have that ...
- Toa Maiden Test Drives Red Ruru and Bandolier
- Interesting Trick of the Light
- Toa of Time, Indeed.
- Jack Stone, We Hardly Knew Ye
- Electric Penguins Are Not Indigenous to These Part...
- Is This a Bad Thing?
- Fort Worden Driftwood Construct
- Built a Tarakava Nui
- Makuta Doing a Yul Brynner Impression
- ▼ July (12)
- ► 2002 (206)
- ► 2001 (233)